I can't believe that it has been two weeks already since my first ever cooking demo at Simply For Life!
I am honestly so grateful for the amazing opportunity to share my knowledge and passion for good and local food with others.
So thank you once again to Colin for allowing me to host my first Cooking Class and for all those who made some time in their busy schedules to come out!
For those that couldn't make it out, I still want to share the evening with you guys! So here's a recipe that blew people's minds at the demo! It's a simple recipe really, nothing too complicated but my addition of a non traditional ingredient, kimchi, adds quite the kick to this avocado breakfast toast!
- 2 slices of Sourdough
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Egg - Hard boiled; poached, or scrambled
- 1 Tbsp Vinegar (if poaching egg)
- 4 Asparagus spears
- 2 Tbsp of Kimchi
- 1 Tsp Sesame Seeds
- Sprouts - Your choice: Spicy Mix; Broccoli or Pea Shoots
- Salt, Pepper & Garlic Powder to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Place the asparagus into a mixing bowl, and drizzle with the olive oil. Toss to coat the spears, then sprinkle with garlic, salt, and pepper.
3. Bake in the preheated oven until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes depending on thickness. While that's cooking, prep the eggs.
4. Fill a small pot with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil and stir in the vinegar then create whirlpool with a spoon. Crack egg into the water and leave for about 2 minutes. Scoop egg out of the water and set aside.
5. Toast the pieces of bread.
6. Arrange the bread flat on a plate. Cut the Avocado (in a diagonal manner) and place on the toast.
7. Then place the roasted asparagus spears on one of the toasts. Arrange the toasts so that they overlap each other.
8. Add the poached egg on top. Dress with sprouts and kimchi.
9. Sprinkle sesame seeds & Enjoy!
- The Sassy Tomato